Committee: Healthy Campus
Faculty representatives form Health & Kinesiology, Nutritional Sciences, and Faculty Council. Staff representatives from Staff Council, Human Resources, Student Affairs, Student Health Services, and Communications & Marketing. Chaired by the Director of Recreation Facility who serves as a voting ex officio.
The purpose of the Health Campus committee is to contribute to the learning environment through focusing on empowering individuals to reach their full potential and take responsibility for themselves and others. NSU Healthy Campus seeks to curb negative environmental influences and individual habits that hinder the cognition and social development of individuals on a college campus through three strategic initiatives:
- Building Awareness and Campus Support – Promote the Health Campus Initiative, services, and resources to stakeholders and member of the university community.
- Recruitment and Member Engagement – Recruit new members through partnerships across campus and strengthen membership engagement through retention strategies.
- Meeting Healthy Campus 2020 Standards – standards can be viewed at http://ww.acha.org/healthycampus
The Healthy Campus Committee meets every other month, as called by the chair.
2023-2024 Committee Members
- TBD, Director, Recreation Facility
- TBD, Student Affairs
- TBD, Student Health Services
- TBD, Human Resources
- Cheryl Van Den Handel, Faculty Council Rep (COLA)
- Bea Keller-Dupree, Psychology & Counseling (COE)
- JoAnna Cupp, Nutritional Sciences
- Wendi Middleton, Nutritional Sciences
- TBD, Staff Council Rep
- TBD, Comm and Marketing